When we’re 20 years old, we truly believe that adulthood only starts when we hit the 30-year-old mark. But then, that 30th birthday inevitably comes and that’s when most people still convince themselves that 20 wasn’t that long ago! cool stuff, cool stuff, cool stuff
And while it is true that people in their 30s are young, full of energy, and have everything it takes to make the world a better place, chances are that there are mistakes from their youth that can creep into their current appearance.
We at JustKooki.com decided to recall our experiences (and the experiences of the others) to put together a list of 15 mistakes that people make in their 30s that they’re likely to regret years later.
1. You abruptly change your life.
There is a category of people who have certain plans they want to make by the age of 30. They need to get married, have a child, build their career and buy a house by that time. If something goes wrong with this plan, they need to fix it immediately. For example, a woman decides to marry a man she’s just met only because she’s already turned 30. However, a couple of years later she understands that it was a big mistake despite the fact that they have kids.
- All these plans are only in our heads. You don’t need to prove anything to anybody. The clock is not ticking, and you don’t need to be like everyone else. Kim Kardashian honestly admitted that her idea of getting married by the age of 30 no matter what became the reason for her marriage to basketball player Kris Humphries. 72 days later the couple filed for divorce.
2. You spend weekends on the sofa eating junk food and watching TV.
There’s nothing wrong about chilling on the sofa, and it doesn’t matter whether you have to work with your hands at a factory or with your mind in an office. But if you spend all your weekends like this, it’s time to think about your psychological health. cool stuff, cool stuff, cool stuff
- Laura Vanderkam, a time-management specialist and the author of the book, What the Most Successful People Do on the Weekend, recommends planning weekends a week in advance. You’d better make sure to do your house chores in the middle of the week while leaving your weekend time open for doing sports and meeting up with your friends.
3. You get a ridiculous tattoo on impulse.
Inking is an art. Are you sure that you want to have a stupid internet meme or the name of someone you’re currently in love with on your body? But what happens if you separate? Of course, you can add “is a bastard” after “Alex” but did you really need this tattoo from the start?
- A few years ago it was trendy to ink butterflies on the small of the back. Later, everyone decided it was too banal. Then big tattoos on the hips became trendy. Who knows what’s going to be in trend tomorrow? If you decide to get a tattoo, think it over thoroughly. A drawing on your body should go along with your personality because it will be your companion for the rest of your life.
4. You fine-tune your face and body in fear of aging.
You may be afraid of seeing any new wrinkles on your forehead and will want to remove them immediately. Whether it’s lifts, peels, laser procedures, hyaluronic acid, or botox injections, you’re ready for anything — even plastic surgery — in order to look like you used to when you were 20 years old.
- Of course, taking care of your body is necessary. Keeping a healthy diet, moisturizing your skin and using sunscreen is important. But trying to keep yourself youthful by any means necessary will only make you look ridiculous and unhealthy years later. Do you really need it?