5. Tea tree oil is not for tea
Many studies claim that tea tree oil is great at fighting skin bacteria. It helps to relieve irritation, reduce acne, and calm inflammation. Choose an anti-acne gel containing the oil to treat your skin and soon you’ll see the redness disappear and your skin will look much healthier.
6. Take a bath
Try substituting your regular dry bath mix with the following. This will make your skin extra soft. Mix 1/4 cup oatmeal, 1/4 cup milk powder, 1/4 cup brown sugar, and 1/4 cup herbs of your choice, like chamomile. Then grind the mixture in a food processor.
Add 10-15 drops of essential oils of your choice, 2 tablespoons of honey, and 2 teaspoons of body oil. Get a bath bag and fill it with the mixture. Let it soak in shallow warm water for a few minutes and then add water of a comfortable temperature and enjoy.
7. Try to cut down on sugar.
Researchers show that sugar abuse can provoke wrinkles, fine lines, and dull skin. Try to cut down on processed sugar ( e.g. candy, white bread). Try fruits and berries instead. This will both satisfy your sugar craving and provide your skin with healthy antioxidants.
The absolute skincare do’s
Dermatologists have revealed a number of simple everyday tricks that will help your skin look healthy and beautiful.
- Wash your skin daily. Rinse it once or twice a day. Use cleansing products that are suitable for your age and skin type and never go to sleep with makeup on.
- Moisturize your skin. This will keep your skin glowing and remember that even oily skin needs a light moisturizer. Apply this product directly after a shower.
- Use sunscreen daily. Even on cloudy days your skin is exposed to ultraviolet rays.
- Apply eye cream at night. Choose one with vitamins A, C, E, and K. This will help you to prevent wrinkles and dark circles.
- Try to fall asleep on the side of the bed you don’t usually sleep on. This will cause you change sides during the night and cosmetologists say that this technique will help you to reduce amount of wrinkles that develop.
Do you use any other tricks to care for your skin? Share those in the comments, please!