Even though the construction of your body is based on our DNA (genetics) rather than our personal aesthetic preference, there are still parts of your body that can convey a lot of things about your personality. Some studies suggest that genetics can determine a lot of things about our future and the way we perceive the world through our genes. cool stuff, cool stuff, cool stuff
Here at Justkooki.com, we found 8 scientific studies about body parts that convey some interesting things about our personality. Some people say looks can be deceiving, but if you know the facts, then you’ll see that looks can reveal quite a lot about a person.
1. Nose shape
Each nose is special in its own way. However, according to the study performed by the Journal of Craniofacial Surgery in 2013, the tissue that connects the bones and forms your nose can convey a number of things about one’s personality. The researchers studied almost 1,700 pictures of people’s noses and categorized them all in 14 types. They analyzed the nose shapes and posted their findings. cool stuff, cool stuff, cool stuff
- People with long noses are very ambitious in their professional lives and are very hardworking people. They tend to be perfectionists and they usually put their professional life first and their personal life second. However, people with shorter noses are very sensitive and loyal individuals. They value feelings more than anything and they would rather be happy in their family than have a successful career.
- People with pointy noses can make great financial advisers because they tend to handle their money very wisely, and people with nose clefts have commitment issues.
- Big nostrils are a sign that someone likes to spend money rather than save it and small nostrilsshow a strong commitment to personal relationships and family.
2. Face shape
The human face has a very complex structure that can say a lot about the social and personal functions of an individual. Cesare Lombroso, the founder of criminal anthropology, argued that each type of crime can be determined by the facial structure of the person committing it. A study published on Plos One Journal in 2014 took 160 participants and asked them to evaluate the IQ of 80 students both men and women through their photographs alone.
- The study found that people with long faces are known to be highly intelligent individuals while people with a narrow facial structure were emotionally quotient rather than intelligent. The study also found that people with wide faces are more likely to be prejudiced, emotionless, and very successful.
3. Eye color
When Shakespeare made his famous metaphorical statement “the eyes are the window to your soul”, he didn’t expect that centuries later, scientists will support his statement with factual evidence. The study was conducted at the Orebro University in Sweden. Scientists studied the eyes of 428 individuals alongside their personality traits in order to examine whether their eyes reflected their character. They examined the patterns in crypts and the contractions of the lines when the pupils dilated alongside the curve of the iris.
The researchers contended that both the personality and the eye structure are linked to the frontal lobe of the brain that is responsible for forming our personality.
- People with big brown eyes are natural born leaders and highly intelligent individuals and people with extremely dark brown eyes are introverted, mysterious, and secretive.
- People with light blue eyes and a curvy iris have a lot of inner strength and they tend to be very competitive, while people with darker blue eyes are found to possess a lot of physical strength and are very sensitive.
- People with darker eyes are found to be more introverted and mysterious while people with lighter eyes are found to be more outgoing and social.